Through the Maryland Articulation System, or ARTSYS, all Maryland public institutions and some private institutions have “articulation agreements” that guarantee certain courses and credits transfer from school to school.
ARTSYS allows students and advisors to predict how each community college course will transfer to any four-year public institution in Maryland, helping you plan which courses to take at AACC to prepare for a smooth transfer to your school of choice.
You can use ARTSYS to plan your transfer to the following public and private four-year institutions.
USM institutions include:
- Bowie State University
- Coppin State University
- Frostburg State University
- Salisbury University
- Towson University
- University of Baltimore
- University of Maryland, Baltimore
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- University of Maryland, College Park
- University of Maryland, Eastern Shore
- University of Maryland, University College
Other four-year institutions include:
- Capitol Technical University
- Goucher College
- Hood College
- McDaniel College
- Mount St. Mary's University and Seminary
- Morgan State University
- Notre Dame of Maryland University
- St. Mary's College of Maryland
- Stevenson University
- Washington College
How to Use ARTSYS
ARTSYS is an independent website maintained by the University System of Maryland. The site offers several options to help students plan a smooth transfer. You can:
- Enter specific AACC courses to see whether they are transferable to specific four-year institutions.
- Enter your AACC transcript information to have it unofficially evaluated on a course-by-course basis or compared to a recommended transfer program.
- Look up the recommended AACC coursework you'll need to complete the first two years for a specific major at a specific four-year institution.
- Learn which institutions offer various majors.
Learn more about ARTSYS through this series of online tutorials.
Here are a few of students’ most common questions about ARTSYS.
Can ARTSYS evaluate transcripts for the purpose of transfer?
Yes. Students can enter AACC transcripts and ARTSYS will review them on a course-by-course basis, even analyzing them against recommended transfer programs for specific majors at specific four-year institutions.
Are transcript evaluations through ARTSYS considered official?
No. Using the ARTSYS website does not constitute an official evaluation. When you apply to your four-year school of choice, that school will evaluate your transcript officially for transferability. Still, ARTSYS is a great way to predict and plan for those decisions unofficially.
What transfer information does ARTSYS provide about individual courses?
ARTSYS will give you valuable information about individual courses, including whether a specific AACC course is transferable and, if so, the equivalent course number at various four-year institutions.
Does ARTSYS provide information on specific major programs of study?
Yes. Participating four-year institutions have outlined prescribed transfer programs for a variety of majors. Through ARTSYS, students can choose an intended major and an intended four-year school, and ARTSYS then outlines:
- Specific course requirements (to help you choose AACC courses).
- Any admission requirements for the major.
- Transfer options and career information.