* A complaint pertaining to occupational licensure requirements shall be submitted to the appropriate licensing board or entity. The student shall obtain contact information from the institution.
* A complaint concerning compliance with the standards of accreditation shall be submitted to the accrediting agency. The student shall obtain contact information from the institution.
* A complaint pertaining to potential violations of consumer protection shall be submitted to:
Consumer Protection Division
Office of the Attorney General
200 Saint Paul Place
Baltimore, MD 21202
> Learn more.A complaint concerning discrimination shall be submitted to:
Office for Civil Rights, Philadelphia Office
100 Penn Square E., Suite 515
Philadelphia, PA 19107-3323
> Learn more.
* A student shall submit a complaint involving an alleged violation of the Education Article or COMAR Title 13B to the commission. The complaint shall be in writing and signed by the student (MHEC Student Complaint Form).
* The commission will acknowledge and investigate a complaint involving an alleged violation of the Education Article or COMAR Title 13B.
* The commission will ask the institutional President to look into the matter and report back to the Commission.
* The commission staff may interview the institution’s employees and the complainant as part of its investigation.
* The commission may take regulatory action based on its review and in accordance with the Education Article and COMAR Title 13B.
* A complaint pertaining to matters other than the Education Article or COMAR Title 13B will not be entertained by the commission, and will not be referred to another agency or organization.
In compliance with the language passed in the Higher Education Opportunities Act of 2008, the U.S. Department of Education (USDOE) conducted a Negotiated Rule Making Process in 2010, institutions offering distance education must provide enrolled and prospective students with contact information for filing complaints with its accrediting agency and with the appropriate state agency for handling complaints in the student's state. The Student Grievance Contact Information for Individual States provides phone numbers, emails and/or links to state education agencies.