The first step to admission is to attend an information session.
These informal seminars discuss admission requirements, the application and selection process and curriculum and career opportunities. Click here for information session dates and times.
NOTE: Students from Anne Arundel County should contact Anne Arundel Community College for information and admissions requirements. Students from Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne’s and Talbot counties should contact Chesapeake College for information and admissions requirements. Students from Calvert, Charles, and St. Mary’s counties should contact College of Southern Maryland for more information and admissions requirements.
The Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Program Guidelines
- The Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) program only accepts students in the fall of each academic year.
- Admission to the PTA program is separate from regular admission to the college.
- Since clinical space is limited, prospective students must complete all academic and admission requirements by the PTA application deadline.
For the fall 2014 class, applications will be available in December 2013 online and at your home college. If application deadline falls on a weekend, then applications will be accepted until the close of business on the next business day.
- We give first consideration for selection to candidates whose resident address is in the service areas of their home colleges.
- Students who are conditionally accepted into the PTA program must submit proof of CPR, a complete health examination record and criminal background check.
Admission / Academic Requirements
Please note: Selection criteria have been revised! Please review the admissions information carefully.
To view a PDF of each college’s admissions requirements, please click on your home college below:
Applications are available to download, print and submit. The program accepts applications for fall admission from December 10 to March 15 each year.
- Anne Arundel Community College application, application available December 2014
- Chesapeake College information letter and application, application available December 2014
- College of Southern Maryland application, application available December 2014
Notice of Nondiscrimination
AACC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, Title IX, ADA Title 504 compliant institution. Call Disability Support Services, 410-777-2306 or Maryland Relay 711, 72 hours in advance to request most accommodations. Requests for sign language interpreters, alternative format books or assistive technology require 30-day notice. For information on AACC’s compliance and complaints concerning discrimination or harassment, contact Kelly Koermer, at 410-777-7432 or Maryland Relay 711.
Anne Arundel Community College Catalog 2012-2013
Equal Opportunity Statement
Chesapeake College is an equal opportunity institution, providing access to education, service, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, marital status, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by law. Reasonable accommodations, auxiliary aids and services and other changes required by persons with disabilities to allow access to programs and services will be provided if the College receives sufficient notice and it is not an undue burden to do so. The College urges these requests to be made at least 14 days in advance.
Chesapeake College Catalog 2012-2013
The College of Southern Maryland does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation,
religion, or marital status in its programs or activities. The academic support /ADA coordinator for Disability Support Services (LR Building, Room
123 at the La Plata Campus, 301-934-7614), has been designated to handle inquiries regarding discrimination on the basis of disabilities.
The executive director of the Diversity and Equal Opportunity Department (CC Building, Room 208A, at the La Plata Campus, 301-934-7658) has been
designated to handle all other discrimination inquiries.
College of Southern Maryland 2012-2014